In-Portal Issue Tracker - In-Portal CMS
|Viewing Issue Advanced Details|
|ID:||Category:||Type:||Reproducibility:||Date Submitted:||Last Update:|
|989||[In-Portal CMS] Front End||feature request||N/A||2011-02-05 07:57||2011-02-05 07:57|
|ETA:||none||Fixed in Version:|
|Change Log Message:||Added ability to use favorites for Guest users|
|Summary:||0000989: Favorites functionality for unregistered users (guests)|
For now only registered and logged-in users can add links (In-Link) to favorites. When not logged-in then this ability is disabled by default.
However by enabling FAVORITES category-based permission for Guest/Everyone user groups non logged-in users can add favorites. The problem is that all non logged-in users share their favorites.
To eliminate such possibility I'm proposing to do the following:
For non logged-in users only:
* generate random cookie (only, when missing) for user computer's web-browser being used
* add UserCookie column to Favorites table (or any interested table, e.g. Link)
* when Favorite (or ant interested data, e.g. Link) is added, then also store UserCookie value with it
* when Favotite is removed, then check, that UserCookie of Favorite matches the one from user computer
* match Guest users with cookie to registered users with same cookie
* when new user is created, then store UserCookie in PortalUser table.
* when favorite list for logged-in users is shown, then select records this way:
- based on user cookie
- based on user id
This way, when user presses Logout button, then he still will see favorites he used to add, while being non logged-in.
Also we need to auto-claim (get user id based on it's UserCookie and set as CreatedById in appropriate tables) favorites added by guests after new user registration and after user login processes.
|Steps To Reproduce:|
|Additional Information:||There should not be more then 1 user registration from one web-browser for all this to work.|
|2011-02-05 07:57||alex||New Issue|
|2011-02-05 07:57||alex||Reference||=> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/in-portal-bugs/82EJXjbGIco/discussion|
|2011-02-05 07:57||alex||Change Log Message||=> Added ability to use favorites for Guest users|
|There are no notes attached to this issue.|